- Explain the complementarity of reason and revelation as sources of knowledge
- Identify and discuss the contributions of major thinkers in the Western intellectual tradition
- Explore the impact of philosophy on the development of Catholic thought and culture
- 18 Credits
Program Time Limit: 3 years
- Submit a free online program application.
- Send official transcript from high school, GED, or most recent undergraduate institution attended to email@example.com.
- Tuition: $1,035 x 6 courses = $6,210
- Technology fee: $165/course x 6 courses = $990
- Books: $100/course (estimate) x 6 courses = $600
- Total: $7,800
For descriptions of required courses, please consult the online course catalog. All courses listed below are 8 weeks long unless otherwise noted.
To earn the certificate students must complete a total of six of the following undergraduate courses (18 credits) in Philosophy at CDU:
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|PHIL 205||Introduction to Philosophy with Plato and Aristotle||3|
|PHIL 235||Elements of the Philosophy of the Human Person||3|
|PHIL 260||Catholic Bioethics I||3|
|PHIL 320||Modern Philosophy (new in Fall 2023)||3|
|PHIL 330||Contemporary Philosophy (new in Summer 2023)||3|
|PHIL 340||See for Yourself: An Introduction to Epistemology||3|
|PHIL 370||The Nature of Nature: An Introduction to a Catholic Philosophy of Science||3|
THE CDU ADVANTAGE
In a 2022 survey of CDU graduate students, 100% reported that they had achieved their learning goals.
- Authentic Catholic teaching
- Flexibility to study where and when you choose
- The lowest undergraduate tuition of any U.S.-based online university offering Catholic theology
- A global Catholic community
- Knowledgeable and accessible faculty
- Engaging online courses with discussion forums
- Mobile app for study on the go
- Online library staffed by a theological librarian
- 24/7 technical support