- Demonstrate acquaintance with the full range of Scriptural texts and the relationships among them
- Exhibit familiarity with ancient and modern interpretive tools and hermeneutical methods
- Illustrate how scholarship is related to Catholic theological and doctrinal concepts
- Read and interpret Scriptural texts on their own in light of the best scholarship and Church tradition
- 18 Credits
Program Time Limit: 3 years
- Complete the free online application for admission.
- Have an official transcript from the accredited institution where you completed your undergraduate degree sent to email@example.com.
- Have someone who is familiar with your academic or professional work submit a letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a brief statement of purpose (250 words or less) to email@example.com on why you are pursuing online graduate study in theology.
Students will be notified of acceptance via email shortly after all materials have been submitted and reviewed.
Accepted students may begin by taking one of three courses: THEO 503 The Catholic Theological Tradition, THEO 510 Revelation and Faith, or SCRPT 530 Introduction to Scripture and Salvation History.
Credits earned are transferable to the MA degree programs as students may decide later to pursue a full degree.
- Tuition: $1,425 x 6 courses = $8,550
- Technology fee: $150/course x 6 courses = $900
- Books: $100/course (estimate) x 6 courses = $600
- Total: $10,050
Students will earn a total of nine credits from the following selection of courses:
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|THEO 503||The Catholic Theological Tradition||3|
|SCRPT 530||Introduction to Scripture and Salvation History||3|
|SCRPT 615||History of Biblical Interpretation 12 weeks||3|
CDU reserves the right to substitute suitable comparable courses different from the ones listed for the student to complete the certificate.
THE CDU ADVANTAGE
In a 2022 survey of CDU graduate students, 100% reported that they had achieved their learning goals.
- Authentic Catholic teaching
- Flexibility to study where and when you choose
- The lowest undergraduate tuition of any U.S.-based online university offering Catholic theology
- A global Catholic community
- Knowledgeable and accessible faculty
- Engaging online courses with discussion forums
- Mobile app for study on the go
- Online library staffed by a theological librarian
- 24/7 technical support
The certificate program is offered through the Graduate School of Theology, which is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools. The CDU Graduate School of Theology aims to provide a transformative learning experience in the digital space and to develop leaders for the new evangelization in the 21st century.