CDU Honors Military Service!
For over 30 years, CDU has educated service members, veterans, and military families. We have a proven track record of delivering theological education online to military students around the world and are able to consider special needs that may arise due to deployment, combat situations, and other circumstances unique to the military. While many universities offer degree programs for the military, CDU addresses the intellectual and spiritual hunger of students as they come together to form a virtual community united in the pursuit of knowledge, truth, and the love of God.
Active participation in government programs
As a DEAC-accredited university, CDU is approved by the Department of Defense as a provider of voluntary education. CDU participates in the following programs:
- VA GI Bill® educational benefits
- GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
- Tuition Assistance (TA) for all branches of active duty military
Additional Benefits for military-affiliated students
- For our Active Duty Military and Reservists utilizing Tuition Assistance, we offer need-based grants up to a maximum of $100/credit hour, which can fund the additional CDU tuition beyond the military TA cap of $250/credit hour.
- For our Military Veteran Students, we participate in the G.I. Bill® Yellow Ribbon Program, which means we agree to make a limited number of additional funds available for eligible students to maximize their GI Bill benefits.
Learn more about the GI Bill and Yellow Ribbon program
- Credit for military education and training courses, including CCAF, JST, DANTES, and ACE-evaluated training.
- A 10% tuition discount to all military-affiliated students including active duty, reservist, military spouses and dependents and veterans who are ineligible for any other scholarship or assistance program. A Uniformed Services ID Card is required.
Knowledgeable Military Support Staff
Our staff has years of training and experience in meeting the unique financial and academic needs of military members, veterans, and their families. To learn more, email our Bursar or call 1.888.254.4238 ext. 708.
- Leave of Absence
For serious reasons, a student may apply for a leave of absence not to exceed 180 days. During this leave, elapsed time does not accrue toward the maximum completion time allowed for finishing the program. A letter requesting leave should be addressed to the Registrar. For Active Service Members, the LOA for a course or program can be extended beyond 180 days for Military Service operations. Appropriate documentation should be submitted to the Registrar@cdu.edu.
- Return of Military TA Funds Policy
A student that paid for all or a portion of their course(s) using Military Tuition Assistance (TA) who withdraws from school or a course during an enrollment period in which the student began attendance will have the amount of TA funds he/she did not earn calculated according to federal regulations (Department of Education Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, section 484B). The percentage of TA funds that is earned is the number of calendar days the student has been enrolled for the enrollment period up to the day the student withdrew, divided by the total calendar days in the enrollment period.
For percentages less than or equal to 60%, the percentage is multiplied by the amount of TA funds awarded for the enrollment period to determine the amount of TA funds earned. The amount of TA funds that has not been earned, and must be returned, is the complement of the amount earned. For percentages greater than 60%, the TA funds for the enrollment period are considered 100% earned.
Once the amount of TA funds that was not earned has been calculated, federal regulations require that the school return a portion of the unearned funds equal to the lesser of the institutional tuition charges multiplied by the unearned percentage of funds or the entire amount of unearned funds. For a schedule of returning TA funds click here.