- Articulate the fundamental doctrines of faith and morals of the Catholic Church, using the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Sacred Scripture, and Sacred Tradition.
- Explain the Holy Bible as a unified story, with the New Testament anticipated by the Old, and the Old Testament fulfilled in the New.
- Explore the nature, mission, and purpose of catechesis, with emphasis on biblical catechesis, development of doctrinal lesson planning, and the principles, tasks, and methods that the Church promotes.
- 18 Credits
Program Time Limit: 3 years
- Submit a free online program application.
- Send official transcript from high school, GED, or most recent undergraduate institution attended to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuition: $1,035 x 6 courses = $6,210
- Technology fee: $165/course x 6 courses = $990
- Books: $100/course (estimate) x 6 courses = $600
- Total: $7,800
- Detailed cost of attendance budgets can be found here.
For descriptions of required courses, please consult the online course catalog. All courses listed below are 8 weeks long unless otherwise noted.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credits|
|THEO 204||Foundations of Catholicism||3|
|SCRPT 230||Introduction to Scripture and Salvation History||3|
|THEO 232||Jesus Christ: God, Man, and Savior||3|
|THEO 253||Sacraments: Masterworks of God||3|
|THEO 268||Principles of Moral Theology||3|
|RELED 433||The Art of Catechesis: Dynamic Renewal||3|
THE CDU ADVANTAGE
In a 2022 survey of CDU graduate students, 100% reported that they had achieved their learning goals.
- Authentic Catholic teaching
- Flexibility to study where and when you choose
- The lowest undergraduate tuition of any U.S.-based online university offering Catholic theology
- A global Catholic community
- Knowledgeable and accessible faculty
- Engaging online courses with discussion forums
- Mobile app for study on the go
- Online library staffed by a theological librarian
- 24/7 technical support
The Undergraduate Catechetical Coordinator Certificate program is nationally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. The university is certified as a degree-granting institution by the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission.