CDU is recognized as an accredited institution of higher learning in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.

As a member of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA) in West Virginia, a participating state, CDU is in compliance with regulations to offer programs to residents of all states except Massachusetts and California. For more information about SARA, please visit

CDU is authorized to operate in Massachusetts and California as explained below.

California: CDU is exempt from licensure since it does not maintain physical facilities or offer instructional programs on the ground within the state.

Massachusetts: CDU is not required to apply for authorization from the Massachusetts Board of Higher Education because it does not: maintain or occupy an actual physical location for instructional purposes, maintain an administrative office to facilitate instruction in the Commonwealth, provide office space to instructional or non-instructional staff, or establish an institutional mailing address, street address or phone number in the Commonwealth.

West Virginia: As an approved SARA institution, CDU is in compliance with West Virginia regulations to offer programs to residents of the state.

Student Complaints: The West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission encourages students to seek first informal resolution of any concern or issue with the institution. If the issue cannot be resolved informally, the student should follow the institution’s formal complaint or grievance procedure. If, after exhausting the institution’s internal grievance procedures, the institution has not responded to the student’s satisfaction or a satisfactory remedy has not been found, the student may contact the Commission. Upon receipt of a complaint, the Commission may conduct an investigation or refer the issue to another agency that is authorized to address the issue. The Commission may contact institution officials to discuss a possible resolution. Instructions for filing a complaint with the West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission can be found at

Students will not be subject to adverse actions by the university as a result of filing a complaint.

Virginia students have recourse to the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia, (SCHEV).