Your Donation makes an immediate impact!
Your generous support helps CDU to:
- Bring on-demand online courses to Catholic adults anytime, anywhere.
- Educate American service men and women deployed around the world.
- Prepare directors of religious education, teachers, and catechists to teach, promote, and defend the Catholic faith
- Bring the healing Word of God to Catholic prison inmates who take courses to deepen their faith and evangelize fellow inmates.
- Educate Mission Diocese Scholars to serve as faithful leaders and teachers in financially challenged or geographically isolated regions.
- Develop new courses.
- Subsidize tuition to keep education accessible and affordable.
- Build CDU’s campus resources and online library.
- Deliver inspiring webinars and seminars to ignite the passion of lifelong learning and evangelization.
- Invest in technologies that best allow CDU to teach all nations.
CDU fills a unique role in the Church and is different from other Catholic universities:
- Our programs are offered completely online; we don’t incur the expenses of a brick and mortar campus.
- CDU is faithful to the Magisterium, Catholic Tradition, and the Word of God.
- Your donation impacts students directly.
- All of our programs are focused on the Faith.
- As a non-profit university, CDU strives to keep tuition affordable.
- Without transportation, room, and board costs, a degree is attainable at a fraction of the cost.
- More than 80% of students who enroll graduate.
- Nine out 10 MA graduates are in positions that serve the Church.
- CDU augments secular programs that do not offer faith-based courses in their degree programs.
- Anyone can take a course regardless of location, time zone, or challenging schedules.
- CDU can cost effectively develop specialized curriculum for emerging needs.
How you can help.
- Talk about the good work that CDU is doing and help us build our brand awareness to educate more students.
- Introduce us to your friends to expand our network.
- Donate to CDU.
Thank you. We are grateful and remember all donors, students, alumni, friends and faculty in our prayers.
Method of giving, CDU accepts:
Legal estate and planned giving gifts
Catholic Distance University
Department of Institutional Advancement
300 South George Street,
Charles Town, WV 25414
Phone: Annie Hager 888-254-4238 ext. 727
CDU has so many giving opportunities:
Unrestricted Donations: Give a donation that supports CDU’s mission and allows the university to direct your gift to the area of greatest need. Your gift may cover escalating expenses, accreditation costs, program development, technology, new student support services, scholarships, or communications. Covering rising costs is paramount as CDU strives to remain affordable and accessible to all, especially underserved populations and those who wish to serve the Church. Your support allows us to offer programs at nearly half the cost of attending a traditional brick and mortar university. Give an unrestricted donation today.
Annual Appeal: The Faith and Word are unchanging, but technology and the needs of the Church change rapidly. The Annual Appeal supports new initiatives that help CDU grow and adapt to better educate the world about the Word, the Faith and the Truth.
End of Year Appeal: End of year contributions are like Christmas presents. CDU is grateful for last minute tax-deductible gifts as they offer relief from rising expenses. Remember CDU this holiday season.
Gala Tickets and Sponsorships: The gala is a fun night packed with an academic convocation Mass for graduates, silent auction, cocktail social and formal awards dinner. Not only will you be supporting our award winners and graduates, you will also be supporting the only exclusively online Catholic university in the ACCU. As CDU’s only annual fundraiser, the Gala provides much needed revenue to fulfill our strategic mission for Catholic online education that nurtures the spiritual and intellectual life of Catholics around the globe.
Click here to learn more about the Gala. Click here to purchase tickets, sponsor, or donate.
Prison Ministry Program: CDU educates incarcerated students in the U.S. by offering faith-based continuing education correspondence courses for only $10 to cover postage, and free courses are offered in English and Spanish in hundreds of U.S. prisons through digital tablets. Our incarcerated brothers and sisters have taken 1,400,000 free courses to date. Help share the good news by donating today. Read more about our prison ministry program here.
Mission Dioceses Scholarships offer emerging leaders in mission dioceses the opportunity to earn a Masters of Theology degree. Help CDU invest in leaders who will share the truth with those in need.
Catholic Social Teaching Initiative: Forming Leaders to Serve the Underserved: CDU is striving to reach the hearts of the faithful through Catholic Social Teaching, the Church’s wisdom about building a just society and living lives of holiness amidst the challenges of the modern world. With support from the Lilly Endowment, Inc., CDU is developing new educational programs to lead the way: an AA degree in Theology with a concentration in Catholic Social Teaching taught in Spanish especially for Hispanic students, and a graduate certificate program in CST taught in English for both ordained and lay ecclesial ministers. With your support, and our experience in educating the underserved, we will provide an on ramp to higher education for Hispanic/Latino students, prepare students and ecclesial ministers for service in ministries of charity, assist parishes in their outreach efforts, and foster greater collaboration with Catholic dioceses and nonprofits that are tending to the needs of those in our communities every day. please prayerfully consider making a pledge to support future servers.
Library Giving Plan: The CDU Online Library provides students 24/7 access to a comprehensive collection of books, databases, and research resources, all in digital format and comparable to the resources found in a brick-and-mortar theological or seminary library.
Information has value. Quality, up-to-date digital resources for academic studies, which are formatted for academic research, are not free and are not necessarily discoverable through a Google search. CDU needs your support to acquire these resources to support our students.
Whether materials are Purchased or Subscribed, they require a hosting platform that often results in an admin fee. Further, it is imperative that we gain access to copyrighted material with the rights to download, copy & print which increases expenses.These rights protect the students, faculty, and the institution from copyright infringement.
We need your support to preserve and grow access to a wide variety of theological resources for the next generation of church leaders and teachers.
By supporting CDU’s digital library you will ensure students, prisoners and alumni can remotely access literary resources and research support from anywhere in the world; students have access to the same level of high-quality resources they would find at a brick-and-mortar institution, as well as the Catholic academic and theological content that is not available in their local library or from popular Catholic websites.
Automatic Monthly Withdrawal: Never forget the importance of sharing the Word and teaching others about the Faith. Choose easy monthly, quarterly, or daily contribution options with your credit card. If you can spare $1 per day, you can underwrite a credit hour for a future server, $100 per month underwrites a graduate course, $350 per month adds another collection of Catholic ebooks to our library, $750 per month underwrites a mission diocese getting unlimited access to adult continuing education courses, and $1350 per month underwrites a graduate scholarship. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a regularly scheduled monthly donation.
Estate, Stocks, Bonds and Planned Giving: Leave a lasting legacy by sharing joy from the truth and teaching all nations about the Catholic Faith. For our friends over 70 years old who are eligible for a special tax advantage using the charitable IRA rollover provision, please remember CDU when planning your donations for your qualified charity distribution (QCD). These gifts can count toward your annual required minimum distribution from your IRA, without being taxed as income, as long as program criteria are met. Supporters enjoy this program for their year-end giving because it immediately benefits programs that support those who serve as well as the underserved. Please consult your tax advisor before completing a charitable IRA rollover. Contact email@example.com for information.