Your Donation makes an immediate impact!
Your generous support helps CDU to:
- Bring on-demand online courses to Catholic adults anytime, anywhere.
- Educate American service men and women deployed around the world.
- Prepare directors of religious education, teachers, and catechists to teach, promote, and defend the Catholic faith
- Bring the healing Word of God to Catholic prison inmates who take courses to deepen their faith and evangelize fellow inmates.
- Educate Mission Diocese Scholars to serve as faithful leaders and teachers in financially challenged or geographically isolated regions.
- Develop new courses.
- Subsidize tuition to keep education accessible and affordable.
- Build CDU’s campus resources and online library.
- Deliver inspiring webinars and seminars to ignite the passion of lifelong learning and evangelization.
- Invest in technologies that best allow CDU to teach all nations.
CDU fills a unique role in the Church and is different from other Catholic universities:
- Our programs are offered completely online; we don’t incur the expenses of a brick and mortar campus.
- CDU is faithful to the Magisterium, Catholic Tradition, and the Word of God.
- Your donation impacts students directly.
- All of our programs are focused on the Faith.
- As a non-profit university, CDU strives to keep tuition affordable.
- Without transportation, room, and board costs, a degree is attainable at a fraction of the cost.
- More than 80% of students who enroll graduate.
- Nine out 10 MA graduates are in positions that serve the Church.
- CDU augments secular programs that do not offer faith-based courses in their degree programs.
- Anyone can take a course regardless of location, time zone, or challenging schedules.
- CDU can cost effectively develop specialized curriculum for emerging needs.
How you can help.
- Talk about the good work that CDU is doing and help us build our brand awareness to educate more students.
- Introduce us to your friends to expand our network.
- Donate to CDU.
Thank you. We are grateful and remember all donors, students, alumni, friends and faculty in our prayers.
Method of giving, CDU accepts:
Legal estate and planned giving gifts
Catholic Distance University
Department of Institutional Advancement
300 South George Street,
Charles Town, WV 25414
Phone: Annie Hager 888-254-4238 ext. 727
CDU has so many giving opportunities:
Unrestricted Donations: Give a donation that supports CDU’s mission and allows the university to direct your gift to the area of greatest need. Your gift may cover escalating expenses, accreditation costs, program development, technology, new student support services, scholarships, or communications. Covering rising costs is paramount as CDU strives to remain affordable and accessible to all, especially underserved populations and those who wish to serve the Church. Your support allows us to offer programs at nearly half the cost of attending a traditional brick and mortar university. Give an unrestricted donation today.
Annual Appeal: The Faith and Word are unchanging, but technology and the needs of the Church change rapidly. The Annual Appeal supports new initiatives that help CDU grow and adapt to better educate the world about the Word, the Faith and the Truth.
End of Year Appeal: End of year contributions are like Christmas presents. CDU is grateful for last minute tax-deductible gifts as they offer relief from rising expenses. Remember CDU this holiday season.
Gala Tickets and Sponsorships: The gala is a fun night packed with an academic convocation Mass for graduates, silent auction, cocktail social and formal awards dinner. Not only will you be supporting our award winners and graduates, you will also be supporting the only exclusively online Catholic university in the ACCU. As CDU’s only annual fundraiser, the Gala provides much needed revenue to fulfill our strategic mission for Catholic online education that nurtures the spiritual and intellectual life of Catholics around the globe.
Click here to learn more about the Gala. Click here to purchase tickets, sponsor, or donate.
Prison Ministry Program: CDU faithfully educates the growing prison population of the United States through correspondence courses for only $10 to cover postage. CDU also offers free adult continuing education through partner prison tablets and has offered nearly 400,000 free faithful courses to our incarcerated brothers and sisters. Free courses are also offered in Spanish. Help share the good news by donating today. Read more about our prison ministry program here.
Mission Dioceses Scholarships offer emerging leaders in mission dioceses the opportunity to earn a Masters of Theology degree. Help CDU invest in leaders who will share the truth with those in need.
Automatic Monthly Withdrawal: Never forget the importance of sharing the Word and teaching others about the Faith. Choose easy monthly, quarterly, or daily contribution options with your credit card. If you can spare $1 per day, you can underwrite a credit hour for a future server, $100 per month underwrites a graduate course, $350 per month adds another collection of Catholic ebooks to our library, $750 per month underwrites a mission diocese getting unlimited access to adult continuing education courses, and $1350 per month underwrites a graduate scholarship. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a regularly scheduled monthly donation.
The Strategic Bridge Campaign is focused on raising $2,000,000 through the year 2022. The proceeds of this initiative will support CDU’s goal of complementing our current national accreditation with full regional and programmatic accreditation. These new affiliations will enhance our academic standing and reputation as an outstanding online Catholic university. CDU’s faithful, high quality, affordable AA, BA, and MA degree programs are dedicated to educating those with the heart to serve. The campaign will also strengthen our ability to serve the underserved, including members of the Armed Forces and their families, emerging mission diocese leaders, our incarcerated brothers and sisters, and a growing number of Catholics with limited access to religious education to embrace a deeper knowledge and a greater love for God. Your support of the Strategic Bridge Campaign will provide scholarships, keep tuition affordable, invest in digital technology to upgrade our system, provide professional development to our outstanding faculty and staff, expand our global outreach, and shepherd CDU into a future that assures academic programs of the highest quality. Thank you for your prayerful consideration.
Estate, Stocks, Bonds and Planned Giving: Leave a lasting legacy by sharing joy from the truth and teaching all nations about the Catholic Faith. For our friends over 70 years old who are eligible for a special tax advantage using the charitable IRA rollover provision, please remember CDU when planning your donations for your qualified charity distribution (QCD). These gifts can count toward your annual required minimum distribution from your IRA, without being taxed as income, as long as program criteria are met. Supporters enjoy this program for their year-end giving because it immediately benefits programs that support those who serve as well as the underserved. Please consult your tax advisor before completing a charitable IRA rollover. Contact email@example.com for information.